Monday, December 9, 2013

BCS Picture




BCS Picture is Set

 
     Another weekend that didn't disappoint..... And again, there were some surprises too. I want you to think back to late October and early November..... FSU was in the picture but it was considered to be Alabama's and Oregon's show. Oh and there were, what, like five or six undefeated teams? The whispers about there being a couple teams left out of the mix were getting louder. Guess what? It worked itself out. The BCS got it right, as it has more times than not.....

    My predictions didn't all work out this past weekend, but I did say a one loss SEC team would make it to the BCS Title game. And for the rest of the college football nation I say this..... If you don't want the SEC in the Title Game, then do something about it. Every conference had a team in the mix, but they couldn't take care of the THEIR OWN business. Take care of your schedule, and what you can control and I wouldn't be talking about an SEC team getting to play for the BCS Title.

    So here is what we have in the BCS Bowls now that the conference championships have been played.

    VIZIO BCS Title Game: Florida State vs Auburn

    Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: UCF vs Baylor

    Rose Bowl: Stanford vs Michigan State

    Allstate Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs Alabama

    Discover Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Ohio State

   There are couple solid matchups here, but overall, I am not satisfied. Sure, the Title game will be great..... but I'm not really interested in seeing a very mediocre Oklahoma team take on Alabama. I think I would've liked to see Ohio State take on the Crimson Tide.... Oklahoma is one team that sticks out to me that doesn't belong in a BCS Bowl. Who would I replace to them with? It's tough, but I would like to see Oregon for an at large bid.... We all wanted to see Oregon vs Alabama, right? That would've been a huge matchup. I will breakdown more bowl game matchups later this week, including the biggest snoozer matchups.....Like, the Chik-fil-A Bowl..... Yeah, if you haven't heard yet, DUKE gets to take on Texas A&M.... Wow what a game that could be..... Or NOT.

    We have just one more important piece of business to discuss before Bowl Season is underway..... The Heisman. Votes are due today by 5pm. Is it as lopsided as some of the media would have us believe? Will Winston run away with it? If not, then who wins? Send me your Heisman list for this week's Reader Question Segment. Give me your top three.
Send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day





No comments:

Post a Comment