Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bowl Season




Bowl Predictions Part II

 

   Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great Christmas.... I know I did. Bowl season is well under way, and my first two predictions came true. USC took care of Fresno State a little easier than I thought they would, and I was almost spot on with my prediction of Ohio vs East Carolina (My prediction: 34-20; Actual: 37-20). Great start thus far.... Maybe I can keep it up with a few more predictions for this week's Bowls games.
 
   There are two games tonight:
 
Little Caesars Bowl: Pittsburgh vs Bowling Green.
   Pitt has come a long ways since the start of the season. They have adapted to a new conference. They might have struggled a little bit down the stretch, however, this program is headed in the right direction, and they would like to continue to move in the right direction with a bowl victory. It won't be easy though, as they are taking on a very good Bowling Green team that is lead by a great defense. Pitt has to bring their 'A' game and Bowling Green has to make some mistakes for this to go Pitt's way. Bowling Green is coming off a huge win over Northern Illinois. I expect Bowling Green to come into this game and control every aspect. They will be too much for Pitt to handle. My Pick: Bowling Green 38 Pittsburgh 17.
 
 
Poinsettia Bowl: Utah State vs Northern Illinois.
   Utah State has had a pretty good season, but I think they will be outmatched in this game against Northern Illinois. Jordan Lynch is looking to end his career at the college level on a high note, and of course to impress the scouts one last time. Now don't make the same mistake I made when looking at this matchup..... Utah State has a respectable defense and Lynch can't just expect to win by showing up. As long as Northern Illinois is focused and plays their game, I think they will win convincingly. My Pick: Northern Illinois 41 Utah State 24.
 
 
    Friday's games:
 
Military Bowl: Maryland vs Marshall.
   Maryland started the season strong but then they were exposed for what they really were..... Marshall has had some really good games, but then they have had some really terrible games as well... So, I think this game will be a little harder to predict. It really will come down to who stays focused from start to finish. I think I can give the edge to Marshall. Their offense has been pretty consistent all season long, even in their losses they put up a solid amount of points. So with that..... My Pick: Marshall 42 Maryland 24.
 
Texas Bowl: Syracuse vs Minnesota.
   Syracuse has had their ups and downs this season...... Sadly for Syracuse, I think their troubles will find them in their bowl game as well. Minnesota has played in some tough games this season, and they were in a couple of the games that they lost. I get the feeling that this game will be a little sloppy. And I think Minnesota wins the turnover battle..... My Pick: Minnesota 27 Syracuse 17.
 
Fight Hunger Bowl: BYU vs Washington.
   BYU has had a strong season. Washington has played pretty well too...... Another tough game to pick. Washington has played the tougher schedule, in my opinion. And that really could go a long ways for Washington. The Huskies are used to facing tougher opponents...... Sure, the coaching change will be a distraction, but I think from top to bottom, Washington is the better team. And I really think they will be focused in making the season about them and not the coach. My Pick: Washington 34 BYU 24.
 
    Check back tomorrow for more Bowl predictions. There are some really good games ahead this weekend. Reader Questions Segment returns next week, AND CollegeFootball2Day has a huge reveal coming over the next few weeks. Before the 2013 season started, I promised some changes were coming to CollegeFootball2Day and while some of those changes have been subtle, this one will be pretty big...... STAY TUNED!
 
    Join the discussion at www.fans25.com. All sports. Find fans of your team, discuss upcoming matchups.... Anything sports, just for fans!
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment