Monday, December 30, 2013

Bowl Season (Dec 30)




Bowl Predictions Part IV

 
   It was a great weekend of football..... Now Bowl Season goes into OVERDRIVE! There will be about four or five games a day for the entire week leading up to the big game next Monday. So this week I will be going through my picks in the two minute drill. I am 7-4 in my picks thus far.
 
 
    Monday, Dec 30
 
Bell Helicopter Bowl: MTSU vs Navy
   My Pick: Navy 34 MTSU 20 (and I should disqualify this game from my picks since I am late getting this posted today).
 
Music City Bowl: Ole Miss vs Georgia Tech
   This game is just about to kick off; My Pick: Ole Miss 28 Georgia Tech 17.
 
Alamo Bowl: Oregon vs Texas
   This should be an easy pick. Oregon is a far better team, but I question their motivation. Texas on the other hand, is motivated and is determined to send Mack Brown out with a win...... And you know what? I think Texas comes out focused and motivated..... My Pick: Texas 31 Oregon 28.
 
Holiday Bowl: Arizona State vs Texas Tech
   My Pick: Arizona State 28 Texas Tech 21
 
Tuesday, Dec 31
 
Advo Care V100 Bowl: Arizona vs Boston College
One thing stands out to me in this game..... and it's not the name of the bowl..... It is the RUN GAME. My Pick: Boston College 30 Arizona 20.
 
Hyundai Sun Bowl: Virginia Tech vs UCLA
    I just don't see much chance for the Hokies in this game. Their offense has been terrible this season..... I like their defense, but if their offense can't stay on the field for more than two or three minutes and come away with at least field goals, then I don't see any way that the Hokies keep this close.... My Pick: UCLA 35 Virginia Tech 10.
 
Liberty Bowl: Rice vs Mississippi State
    Rice has ten wins...... Mississippi State is 6-6.... So what? As an SEC Banner fan would say, "If it's SEC, then the SEC will win". Well, that's not true all the time, but in this one I think it fits.... My Pick: Mississippi State 27 Rice 13.
 
Chik-fil-a Bowl: Texas A&M vs Duke
    If you are asking how this matchup happened, don't worry, you are not alone..... This might be the ugliest game in the "big bowl game" matchups. Does anybody expect this thing to be close? I would love to pick this in favor of the biggest upset of the 2013 Bowl Season..... but I just can't do it. My Pick: Texas A&M 38 Duke 17.
 
     Check back for more updates and bowl picks this week. Check out our friends over at www.fans25.com. Bowl Predictions are in full swing there, and there are plenty of fans debating and breaking down the upcoming matchups.... so jump in.
 
    Reader Questions Segment will be on Friday. Be sure to get your BCS National Championship predictions in.... Send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com. I will be breaking down the National Championship matchup on Friday as well. Anything college football, send it in.... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment