Friday, December 27, 2013

Bowl Season (Continued)




Bowl Predictions Part III

     Ouch! It was a rough day for my picks in yesterday's bowl games. I started 2-0 and left the day 2-2. I hope my picks for today hold up.  Maybe I can make up for it with some of the games this weekend.
 
Saturday's Bowl Games:
 
Pinstripe Bowl: Rutgers vs Notre Dame.
   The Irish should be able to win this game based on just the raw talent alone. I don't see any reason to spend any extra time on this game..... My Pick: Notre Dame 28 Rutgers 13.
 
Belk Bowl: Cincinnati vs North Carolina.
   I like this matchup. It will be a close game going in to the 4th quarter. North Carolina started the season terrible, but they have found their groove in their last five games of the season. Cincinnati hasn't struggled like the Tar Heels, and that may be a factor. You have to wonder if North Carolina's terrible side will make an appearance in this game. Like I said, though.... I really like this matchup. Both teams matchup well. My Pick: North Carolina 24 Cincinnati 21.
 
Russell Athletic Bowl: Miami vs Louisville.
    Here is another interesting matchup. I think most people are ready to chalk this game up as a win for the Cardinals...... But wait just a minute. Louisville isn't unbeatable. Miami isn't a huge threat, but when they are on their game, they can give a good team problems. Bridgewater wants to have a good game to perhaps impress the NFL scouts..... So with that, I think Louisville pulls away in the second half. My Pick: Louisville 35 Miami 24.
 
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Michigan vs Kansas State.
   This is another matchup that seems impossible to get a good read of which way this is going to go...... Both teams have had rough stretches during the regular season. Both teams have played some games where they looked like they had turned the corner...... I like where Michigan is right now.... I think Michigan could open this up pretty quick if they come in to this game confident. My Pick: Michigan 30 Kansas State 21.
 
    That's it for this weekend. Check back later for more Bowl Predictions and of course...... CollegeFootball2Day's Big Reveal coming soon. Reader Questions Segment returns next week as well, be sure to send in your questions/predictions or anything college football to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day.
 
    Check out our friends at www.fans25.com. The Best Sports Discussion page, All sports. Powered by the Fans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment